Monday, January 4, 2016

Two Shall Become One









Harmony rested her head on Sean’s shoulder and struggled for breath. “Harmony?” Sean inquired when he didn’t hear her take a breath for a while. “Yes, my love.” Sean knew how Harmony felt. She was deeply in love with him. Sean needed every fiber of strength to keep the relationship professional. “I heard rumors that there is a cure for your sickness, but you refuse to take it.” Harmony waited a long moment to answer. “It is true.” “But why, Harmony?”

A tear dropped from her cheek to Sean’s shoulder, a small wet circle expanding in the cloth. “The only cure is melting and the only one I want to melt with has not offered,” Harmony said. “Offered? I do not understand.” Harmony lifted her head and looked Sean in the eyes. “My life force was damaged at birth. My life was destined to be short as a result. The only way for me to live now is for another to give me his life force.” “It sounds dangerous to the person giving.” “The person giving,” Harmony said, “dies. But his soul, his spirit would live inside me. The two would be as one in my body. Together we would have a long, happy life.”

Sean understands what Harmony is saying. “You want me to offer.” Harmony nods. “Then I offer myself to you.” Harmony leans forward, “It will not hurt. You will feel disoriented for a moment. Then you will see from my eyes.” “Will I still have free will?” Sean was scared. “Yes, my love. We will be together, work together, as a team.” Harmony’s lips touched Sean’s. Electricity welded their lips together. Sean felt his life ripped from his body, but no pain as Harmony promised. Then it stopped and he was in Harmony’s body. “Now we will be together forever, my love,” Harmony said. Sean settled into the warmth of Harmony’s body. At last he was at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paying Bills