Friday, April 24, 2015

Eye of the Beholder


They don’t call us a pretty species. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. After the death of my family  the Becktaran culture, a peaceful orcian people living life one way at a time, appealed to me. I first encountered the Becktaran people in a news feed while at the hospital waiting for my wife to take her last breath. There was no doubt she would die as well as my children. The accident did not kill my family all at once; it let them suffer before they died. Watching my family suffer so broke me. I snapped.

Grief goes in phases and I experienced them all. Once I reached acceptance I applied for membership in the Becktaran cult group. Only one person gets accepted per year. To forget my loss I wanted to leave my old life and start anew. Winning the lottery required a few changes before joining the Becktaran cult. I would be transformed into a Becktaran woman before entering the group.

When I received news I had won I was not surprised. I could feel in my bones my story would give me the edge needed to win. I underwent the transformation. You may think a Becktaran woman is less than attractive, but I think they are hot and I am a Becktaran woman. To my surprise my pain did not end right away after joining the group. Only after I met Tarzak and married him did I feel like Tessa, a Becktaran warrior woman. I lost a lot that day when my wife and children died. But happiness is possible again if you meet the right man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paying Bills