Thursday, April 9, 2015

Research


Captain Altair allowed me to travel on her ship to the Bengalese home world. I knew the risks. The universe had a decided feminine slant and I was a dude. All I could do was hope I remained a dude when we arrived.

I was warned about trying to fool locals with a disguise. Captain Altair told me stories of men who tried such stunts with bad results. My intentions were to be honest and straight forward. It was important I get to Bengalese and I have no time for deceitful behavior.

On arrival Captain Altair spoke with the authorities. I was brought out of the spaceship and stood before an officer of the Bengalese court. “State your reason for being here,” she said in a hard, matter-of-fact voice. I cleared my throat to dampen my nervousness and said, “I am studying flora with dBase inhibitors for my doctoral degree. Bengalese has the greatest diversity of such flora.”

The officer nodded approval of my reasons. “How long do you intend to stay on Bengalese?” “I would like six months, but any time you allow is greatly appreciated.” I tried to sound as diplomatic as possible. “We do not allow men on Bengalese unless they are breeding stock.” I swallowed hard. “You are approved for six months on Bengalese. You must wear a body suit the entire time you are here. Do you understand?” I nodded. “Good. While you are here you will have a guide at all times. Delilah is your guide,” she pointed to Delilah, “and you will go by the name Sulla.”

The six months went too fast. Soon it was time to leave Bengalese and my body suit behind. After long talks with my guide I decided to petition the court for permanent residency, knowing what that would mean. The court approved my request and made the body suit my permanent body. These alien worlds really grow on a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paying Bills