Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Bridge Over Troubled Waters




*A special thanks to Alexis of Captions by Alexis for writing today's story.

A man was riding his Harley along a California beach when suddenly 
the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, 

'Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways,
I will grant you one wish.'

The biker pulled over and said,
'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want. 

The Lord said, 'That request is materialistic, think of the enormous 
challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required to reach
the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take!

It will nearly exhaust several natural resources.

I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things.

Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help mankind.'

The biker thought about it for a long time.

Finally, he said, 'Okay, I wish that I, and all men, could understand
our wives; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking 
when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she
means when she says "nothing's wrong", and how I can make a
woman truly happy.'

And the Lord replied, 'You want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?'




1 comment:

Paying Bills