Thursday, July 9, 2015

Welcome to Earth


Do I look like an alien to you? Ron turned to the girl to see who asked the question. Deep in thought over a business deal, Ron couldn’t believe he missed the woman leaning against the white column of the home he was walking past.  It took even longer for Ron to notice her attire. Must be getting old, Ron thought.

Aliens are common on Earth since joining the Community of Worlds. Most look different, but the shapeshifters appear so human it is impossible to tell the difference. Ron wasn’t sure he heard the woman’s voice or heard her telepathically. I’m sorry, Ron said.

I am new to Earth and I wanted to know if I look like an alien to you, she said. You look very human to me, Ron said. The blond smiled as her chest heaved with each breath.

Ron forgot his manners, saying, I’m Ron. Pleased to meet you. The sultry blond open her mouth ever so slightly and said, Nice to meet you Ron. My name is Juno.

Ron was enraptured by Juno’s beauty. She motioned Ron to come closer. He did. She reached out and held Ron’s hand. You are really strong, Juno said. Ron smiled.

Juno’s face hardened for a second. In that fraction of a second Ron found himself in Juno’s body. Then Ron got it: She isn’t a shapeshifter, she’s a jumper. Ron was confused as Juno walked away in his body.

When do I get my body back? Ron yelled after her. Whatever are you talking about, Ron’s body replied.

Ron swallowed nervously and looked down at his chest and smiled. I like the outfit, he thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paying Bills