Saturday, June 6, 2015

My Hat is Off to You


Yesterday’s caption hit a nerve. Several emails and comments made me realize I am doing more than providing entertainment. When I set out to do a caption based on information I read in several articles about Bruce, now Caitlyn Jenner, my goal was to provide a short, realistic portrayal of the transformation process and how it affects those undergoing the procedures. What I was unprepared for was the response from people planning to make the change in the future when funds or other parameters allow. Many expressed they would have no doubts about gender reassignment after the surgery. According to some news outlets, Caitlyn Jenner did question herself for a while. I think the media blitz is responsible for the feelings Caitlyn had. I meant to offend no one. I responded to all the comments/emails. I think everyone understood.

That brings me to today’s caption. Rather than tell a story, I want to say “Thank You” to all my readers. Some days the captions come easier than others. I try to tell a story rather than just a scene or situation as many TG blogs do. This is not to say I am better than the others; I am not. Several TG blogs are significantly better than anything I produce. My goal has always been to be different. It is not easy. Telling a fresh story every day is hard and I know I fail too often. Still, you, my faithful readers, have been nothing but kind. I bow my head in humility by your wonderful accolade and continued readership. More than anything, I am humbled by those coming here not to read a story or see a picture for entertainment, but to learn to cope as a transgender person. I cannot fully understand what you go through. I know my daughter does, being born intersex. The struggles must be overwhelming some days. For all of you, I pray you find peace and someday get the body you alwaysknew you should have been born with. Hopefully everyone is entertained too.

Thank you.

Kisses.

Krazy Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paying Bills