Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It Is All Words


Language. We never really think about it until we are trying to learn a new one. As a linguistic professor I need to constantly sharpen my skills. That is why I applied for a sabbatical to Betelgeuse. The language there is considered the hardest in the galaxy. If I want to keep my crown as Earth’s leading linguist I need to conqueror all the subtleties of Betelgeusian language.

There is one slight problem for me. On Betelgeuse only females speak, the males are mute. I reluctantly went to the university lab for a transformation. As you can see they did a marvelous job. Not only can I form my mouth into the shapes needed to speak Betelgeuse language, but I am quite beautiful if I don’t say so myself.

My work on Betelgeuse has been very successful. I extended my sabbatical and have considered relinquishing my position at the university. All this language has taught me other skills, too. I now know why only females speak on Betelgeuse. All those sounds force certain skills to develop with the mouth which are also needed for mating rituals. Okay, I admit it. I like life as a woman. And yes, I found a mate I am in love with. So sue me. And my name is Carol now. Don’t forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paying Bills